Thursday, April 24, 2014

Another "Maze Runner" activity

*Spoiler alert*

Having read the whole book, I know that there is no traditional end to the Maze.  There's no doorway or gate that just leads out.  It also blows me away that the Runners ran the Maze for so many days without giving up or going crazy.  I passed out difficult/unsolvable mazes to my class and told them the first person to finish would get a prize.  When they began giving up and getting frustrated, I made them write that in a short response.  I asked them to write down how many minutes they worked before they began to get frustrated, and how many of those minutes passed before they gave up.

It will be interesting to have them look at these responses again as they get further into the book.

Here are some links to mazes that I used.

Blocks maze

Several maze level choices

Unsolvable maze

No comments:

Post a Comment